vBrownBag EMEA is in the midst of recording sessions that cover the VCAP6-DCV Design (3V0-622) exam. If you are interested in presenting one of the exam objective, see the Call for Presenters post here.
Objective 1.3 –Build Availability Requirements into a vSphere 6.x Logical Design
Skills and Abilities
- Evaluate which logical availability services can be used with a given vSphere solution.
- Differentiate infrastructure qualities related to availability.
- Describe the concept of redundancy and the risks associated with single points of failure
- Explain class of nines methodology
- Determine availability component of service level agreements (SLAs) and service level management processes
- Determine potential availability solutions for a logical design based on customer requirements.
- Create an availability plan, including maintenance processes.
- Balance availability requirements with other infrastructure qualities.
- Analyze a vSphere design and determine possible single points of failure.
- René van den Bedem’s post on “VCDX – Recoverability impacting Availability Explained”
Without further ado, the podcast recording can be found here: