Today I had the opportunity to sit the VCAP-DTM Design portion of the VCIX-DTM certification. A few notes to share:
– My biggest complaint by far is that there is no calculator. Make sure that you are comfortable with multiplication and division.
– No more multiple choice questions, all drag & drop and designs.
– Ensure that you are very comfortable with all components of the Horizon suite, to include VSAN, Mirage, and AppVolumes. Make sure you know ports as well.
– I felt like there was sufficient time. I’ve always felt that the hardest part of the VCAPs was the time limit but I finished this one with a lot of time still on the clock.
– Out of 38 questions, 10 of them were designs.
Good luck to all the test takers out there!